Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oreo Cupcakes

My sister and I threw a party on Friday night to welcome her to the hood. She made these fab Oreo Cupcakes, displayed in a new cupcake holder I got for Christmas. Scroll past the pictures for the recipe


Oreo Cupcakes
1 cup butter
1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3 oz melted chocolate
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
dash cinnamon
dash ginger

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Oreo Frosting
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate shavings

Combine ingredients, frost cupcakes, and top each with Oreo crumbs and one large Oreo chunk.

8 comments:

  1. Your sis moved up? Yay!!! I wish I had my sister in town--I have dreams of us owning a cafe and baking together in our Anthropologie aprons. Of course, my sister is only 17 and isn't interested in food so I'll have to trick Guille into wearing kitchen couture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes she moved into the other room in our apt, she's going to stay for 6 mo or so till she goes to grad school. i'd like to see guille in an apron! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that your sister is going to be staying with you. I've been wanting to make Oreo cupcakes for awhile, I just don't have any occasion to. I just noticed you're living in Williamsburg...one of my best friends lives in Brooklyn, I think we got Thai there last time I was down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, delicious! Those are my type of muffics. Have you tried oreo brownies? Awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by "muffics" I meant cupcakes. (I'm an idiot.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but I was thinking about using the leftover Oreo crumbs in some brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I am all over these! I just made some amazing Red Velvet Cupcakes from www.simplyrecipes.com and have been trolling food blogs ever since to get my next cupcake fix. :) Thanks for sharing I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks mandy, hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete