A year ago I wrote that "2008 is going to be the year that I take hold of my life."
Well, I wouldn't really say that happened. Life has just continued to carry me along. But nonetheless resolutions are an opportunity to contemplate the eternal question of how to create a life worth living. To that end, here are some things I hope to accomplish in 2009:
- Exercise - this one is such a cliche, but I recently learned that I'm at increased risk of getting arthritis as I age, so I need to try harder to keep my body healthy! Unfortunately, I haven't made it to the gym once this month yet.
- Drink a glass of milk a day for strong bones
- Avoid hangovers - if I don't actively drink water and pace my drinking, I get destructive hangovers
- Bike to work at least once a week (starting in the spring when the weather warms up)
- Volunteer with Transportation Alternatives
- Learn how to can foods
- Bake new kinds of bread
- Learn how to knit something besides scarves
- Write more often - I have so many things I want to say here, but it's hard to find the time because the internet in my apartment is often broken, and I'm supposed to be working while I'm at the office
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge - still haven't done this
- Go out dancing!
- Go camping
- Spend more time with friends - I really struggle with finding a balance between spending time with my boyfriend and spending time on my own with friends. Any one out there have advice on how to balance relationship and social life?