Monday, September 28, 2009

Hanging Postcards



My boyfriend has all these postcards that he collected/sent me from his cross country road trip a few years ago. In the old place they were just taped to the wall, but I wanted to do something a little classier here and hung them up, along with a few other memorabilia like photographs and concert tickets, using string and clothespins. This kind of display is way cheaper than buying lots of picture frames and putting lots of holes in the wall. I'm not sure where I originally got the clothespin idea - I know it's a cute wedding trend but maybe I first saw this in my former roommate's room. Gina, am I remembering correctly?

12 comments:

  1. Good idea! Maybe i'll borrow it for my empty walls

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about good wedding trends (bah - I hate the idea of wedding "trends") is that they have a timeless design and life quality. That's why they got popular in the first place.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! We still don't have anything above our bed...just can't commit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! It's from me =). I have mine hanging up in my new Boulder room. I use binder clips and paperclips these days. Couldn't figure out how else to see all the postcards and inspiration bits I compulsively collect, without buying a whole lot of cork board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. This is how I display Noah's art in his bedroom, so I'm a fan!
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved this idea. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. meag - really? you could commit for just now...then again your places is very clean and zen so that works too

    vintage simple - you're right, so perfect for a child's room, especially since you can switch things out as he gets older.

    brooklyngoescolorado aka gina - i knew it. so much cheaper than corkboard. you should share some pics of your inspiration wall on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i know! i just had to copy that idea for our wedding. it's so cute, it's practically ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to do this in our bedroom. I'm showing my fiance. Is it weird for me to ask him to send me postcards even though we live together...?
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. celia - awesome! hope you'll share some pictures of your wedding with us. i'm sure it will be a very sweet celebration!

    the NEO traditionalist - the idea of him sending you postcards is adorable. do it!

    very married - thanks!

    ReplyDelete