Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Project


My friend Elizabeth and I share a common love for both cooking and planning events. So in a flash of brilliance last month, I came up with the perfect project for us to take on together. It's a way to build our cooking skills and hosting skills and to dip our toes into the food world in a nonthreatening way. It also gives me something tangible to direct my rabid planning energies on. We're currently in the planning phase, so all will be revealed at a later date. But this photo gives a peek into our culinary experimentation process, with more experimentation and preparation to come this weekend. This weekend: make applesauce, mustard, and possibly pie dough.

Although it may take longer than I thought to get this off the ground properly, it at least feels like I'm moving forward and taking a step toward figuring out what I want to do with my life. Are any of you taking on new challenges and exploring new dreams lately?

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Sending good luck wishes as you have fun with the process and (fingers crossed) the product! My blog is my new exploration - I'm finally challenging myself to write consistently and to write about local sustainability, budget, and purposeful choices. It's currently wedding-related, but I'm excited to see where it takes me and I'm excited to be taking new steps.

    Looking forward to reading more about your new project here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouuuu YUMMY. can't wait to hear more about it :)

    i need to do some new stuff. i really wanted to do lots of October things... how I love October. just gotta get this flu gone first... and deal with visiting parents... :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the edge of my seat! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting! Nothing new at the moment but looking forward to hearing all about yours, perhaps inspiration will follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! for you. Sounds like we're in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete