Ms. JC of Mystic Domestica was gracious enough to tag me with a fun questionnaire, so I'm playing along.
First I must give a caveat...I don't really believe in owning books and DVDs. I would much rather borrow them from the library or the internet and save the space in my apartment, the money in my wallet, and the resources from the earth. With that said...
1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, cookbooks (see below), travel guides to Buenos Aires and Belgium, a couple music history books from college, and a couple books of piano sheet music I rarely play. I wish I still had my copy of The Dispossessed by Ursula K. LeGuin.
2. What DVDs are on your favorite shelf?
None, see above.
3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?
My food bible, The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters; and the book that taught me how to bake bread, The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book
4. Select 1-3 recipes you would cook for your special guests.
Bruschetta to start; Pizza to continue with my love for Italian food, bread, and tomatoes; and German chocolate cupcakes for dessert.
5. What will we be drinking?
Red wine, white wine, growlers of beer, and as the night wears on and we start to make bad choices, bourbon from the bottle.
And 5 random facts:
I'm going to spice it up and make it five guilty secrets:
1. I am a sucker for highly processed snacks such as Cheez Its and M&Ms when someone puts them in front of me.
2. I am obsessed with weddings even though I wish I could stop the crazy
3. I am a feminist throwback who wishes I could stay home and cook all day
4. I often contemplate how much easier life would be without a dog or two
5. I sometimes go days without showering due to laziness
I don't like picking out favorites, so if you're reading this and would like to answer the questionnaire, consider yourself tagged.